Carefluence’s FHIR server offers health IT developers greater flexibility, scalability in cross-cloud deployment to realize benefits of open APIs
AWS deployment follows Azure, Apigee launches helping vendors connect for health records interoperability
December 19, 2018 08:51 AM Eastern Standard Time
GRAND BLANC, Mich.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Carefluence has launched its FHIR®-enabled server and transformer tools for FHIR within the Amazon Web Service (AWS), the latest in a series of deployments that include the Microsoft Azure and Google Apigee environments. Carefluence empowers health IT developers with flexibility and scalability to deploy a FHIR interface within or outside any of those services.
“Our FHIR server platform was tested for over 35,040 hours of rigorous implementations while enabling customers to obtain ONC certifications and meet their interoperability needs”
Carefluence’s OpenAPI is a comprehensive interoperability solution packaged with productivity tools to bi-directionally exchange health information between systems, fully normalizing data to the FHIR Standard. EHR vendors can license Carefluence’s OpenAPI and offer it to customers, avoiding expensive development of custom open API solutions. Hospitals and medical groups can also avoid disruptions and costs of EHR software upgrades. The AWS version enabled voice commands, powered by Alexa and IOT devices can now call Carefluence’s OpenAPI.
Carefluence’s suite of integration tools allows mapping with existing data exchange protocols, such as HL7 and CCDA, and offers a secure access management tool using OAuth 2.0, an authorization framework enabling applications to obtain limited access to patient data through user accounts. Carefluence is an open ID, 100% cloud computing deployment, which helps clients monetize their API usage. Carefluence’s FHIR-enabled OpenAPI is also available for on-premise deployment in situations where cloud solutions are not tenable.
“Our FHIR server platform was tested for over 35,040 hours of rigorous implementations while enabling customers to obtain ONC certifications and meet their interoperability needs,” said Aditya Ayyagari, Carefluence’s CTO. “OAUTH support from Azure, AWS, and Apigee is limited to two modes, and it cannot be configured to give access to one or few selected facilities alone. But Carefluence’s built-in OAUTH 2.0 and OpenID support can manage full-fledged and custom implementations, for health systems to configure access and define roles for their needs.”
- Deploys scripts to install Carefluence Enterprise FHIR-based server for cross-cloud deployment.
- Deploys adapter templates connecting with other FHIR APIs directly, for parsing consolidated clinical document architecture files (CCDAs) generated from health systems on demand, for HL7 version 2.0 messages generated from an interface engine, and for working with flat files and other formats – integrating all of them with Carefluence’s enterprise level FHIR-powered API.
- Supports connecting with apps developed by SMART–on-FHIR client libraries.
- Supports “CDS hooks” project specification to invoke clinical decision support from within a clinician’s EHR workflow.
- Has a ready-to-use, FHIR-based patient-and physician-facing app for mobile and desktop to connect with the enterprise FHIR-powered API.
- Has an OAUTH token grant mode that provides more detailed and granular FHIR resource level security modes.
“We are leading the way in FHIR implementations, helping customers achieve interoperablility in a cost-effective, flexible manner,” said Lloyd Williams, Carefluence’s COO. “We welcome organizations that seek to promote interoperability and invite those who need unique or tailored solutions to partner with us.”
With 18 years of experience in healthcare technology, Carefluence offers interoperability solutions for EHR vendors and healthcare technology providers. EHR systems can license Carefluence’s OpenAPI platform to obtain open API capability with the assurance that their product will be compliant with 2015 Edition Certification criteria. This allows EHR vendors to save time and avoid costly internal development of a custom open API solution. For more information visit www.carefluence.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
All products, trademarks and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.
(248) 686-2600 x 1230